Monday, September 26, 2011

In the Chesapeake...

I'm in Virginia at the moment, a small town up the Rappahannock called Urbanna. I'm on the hard, preparing to paint the boat before heading up to Annapolis and then south. (for details on the painting, see You Can Paint Your Boat)
Getting ready to haul for painting
The good part about this is that this year, I should be well south before it get cold. Mind you, I've said that before and been wrong! But we're gonna try....

For all of you heading south and looking for advice, feel free to contact me - after 17 trips on the ICW, I'm sure I can help you out. Don't forget, if it's your first trip, to consider buying my video download, Sailing South - First Timer's Guide to the ICW, at TheSailingChannel. You can watch the video trailer there for free.
Gypsy Wind and friends at the free dock in Oriental
Watch for me on the waterway - I'll be the bright red boat, Gypsy Wind.
And you can read my impressions on the ICW here, at SAIL Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment